Tourism Australia: New 7 Wonders of Nature
Uluru and the Great Barrier Reef were finalists in a campaign to name the New 7 Wonders of nature, as decided by the global public vote. However, social media listening revealed that the Australian public weren’t aware of the campaign.
To raise awareness of the contest, we launched an ‘election-style’ campaign focused on motivating the domestic vote.
We created the world’s most remote polling booth in the middle of the Great Barrier Reef. The booth was placed on a sand cay 30km Northeast of Cairns. Nearby snorkelers and swimmers were encouraged to vote for the Reef, fresh from enjoying its wonders. Still and moving vision was produced and distributed to all major media across the country and used as social media content.
- 6,290 views on YouTube
- 19,136 likes on Facebook and a virality of 2.79%
- Over 500 votes placed at event
- 26,000 indirect brand impressions at event
- Awarded best use of multi-media creativity by New7Wonders Foundation
- National and regional coverage across Channels 7, 9 and 10
- over 11,000 ‘likes’ on Facebook