Tourism Australia’s Best Jobs in the World campaign was a global competition, offering six dream jobs across Australia, including Wildlife Caretaker (SA), Chief Funster (NSW) and Outback Adventurer (NT).
Mango was appointed to work alongside the tourism organisation and act as the global PR ‘hub’, while providing support for TA’s domestic media relations program.
Mango worked with Tourism Australia and its international offices in key markets – US, UK, Germany, Korea, France and Italy – in order to ensure maximum global impact.
Working closely with the regional offices, media tools and materials were provided so each international market was working to the same PR strategy and deadlines, using consistent media materials and content.
Tools developed for international use included video news releases, audio grabs for radio and hero images and media materials (each was adapted to each market’s local language)
During the final stages of the campaign, when the 18 finalists were in Australia, key media opportunities were created, including media conferences, photocalls and the facilitation of crosses with international media.
Mango also built a content management tool for media to access daily footage, images and information about the finalists and winners of the Best Jobs in the World.
In addition to producing tools for international offices, Mango was responsible for generating domestic media coverage throughout the campaign.
- 300,000 entrants, with over 40,000 video applications from 196 countries
- 5,566 pieces of editorial
- An editorial reach of over 9 billion people
- The editorial value of coverage generated world-wide was over $44million
- Domestically, over 3,000 pieces of coverage were generated, including eight national TV segments on both Sunrise and Today
- The media content tool received 25,661 page views from subscribed media